[CalendarServer-users] problem with osxframeworks

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Wed Aug 17 13:03:18 PDT 2016

Hi Emmanuel,

--On August 17, 2016 at 9:53:26 PM +0200 Emmanuel Bourreau
<ebourreau at nordnet.fr> wrote:

> 2016-08-17T21:37:26+0200 [txdav.base.datastore.subpostgres#critical]
> Can't start or connect to postgres: Incorrect root element: accounts

That error is because the XML schema for the accounts.xml has changed quite
a bit. You will need to adjust your existing accounts.xml file to match the
new schema (look in conf/auth for examples and the new DTD).

> More over, if i copy Data from my old calendarserver to the new, it says
> that it is not compatible :-(  because postgresql moved from 9.0 to 9.5
> I’ve seen something about pg_dumpall but where it is in my old calendar
> server ?

Oh, that may be too big a jump because it upgraded fine from 9.3 -> 9.5. If
you want to try 9.3, edit _build.sh:

  if command -v postgres > /dev/null; then
    using_system "Postgres";
  else
    local v="9.3.10";
    local n="postgresql";
    local p="${n}-${v}";

    if command -v dtrace > /dev/null; then
      local enable_dtrace="--enable-dtrace";
    else
      local enable_dtrace="";
    fi;

    c_dependency -m "ec2365548d08f69c8023eddd4f2d1a28" \
      "PostgreSQL" "${p}" \
      "http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v${v}/${p}.tar.bz2" \
      --with-python ${enable_dtrace};
  fi;

Maybe that will let you upgrade from 9.0. If not, checkout the postgres
site and see if they have tools for that. There might be a separate tool
they package for doing upgrades.

--
Cyrus Daboo