[CalendarServer-users] El Capitan Calendar client doesn't work with calendarserver SSL connections

Kyle Silfer kyle at rtoads.com
Mon Jan 25 10:17:37 PST 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Sean McBride wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:48:11 -0700, Kyle Silfer said:
>
>> El Capitan?s Calendar app requires TLSv1.2 handshaking which
>> calendarserver doesn?t provide.
>
> That's surprising to me, because OS X Server.app doesn't seem to support
> TLS 1.2 at all.  My 10.11 calendar clients are able to connect to my
> 10.11/Server5.app server.
>
> Even a vanilla web page only supports the ancient TLS 1.0.
>
> I've filed this as <rdar://23091611> which is duped to <rdar://21183904>, which is marked 'closed' so there's hope.

I suppose there may be some other element of the SSL handshaking that is
failing, but googling the console log errors turned up a big discussion of
how El Capitan/iOS 9 Calendar enforced some higher level of TLS, likely
1.2. Maybe it's that TLSv1.0 must *not* be supported. I don't know.

What I can tell you with certainty is that the latest Debian version of
calendarserver doesn't work with El Capitan Calendar for SSL connections.
But proxying through Apache (properly configured for TLSv1.1 and up) works
fine.

--
Kyle Silfer
Reign of Toads