[CalendarServer-users] RequestDelaySeconds in stdconfig

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Fri Nov 25 18:06:00 PST 2016

Hi,

> On Nov 25, 2016, at 4:30 PM, Gaurav Jain <monkeyfdude at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see following code in CalendarServer-7.0. Can I go with these values in Production?
>
> If not, why not? Please provide pointers.

>         # Enable the queue and make it fast
>
>         self.patch(self.config.Scheduling.Options.WorkQueues, "Enabled", True)

The context where this appears is important, e.g. https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/af0b949d1f41475a9e1ac6756f6a79ecde1ff3e7/calendarserver/tools/test/test_importer.py#L277

The above file is part of our unit tests, which run against various 'stub' implementations of server classes that do not produce an actual server, but rather only as much behavior as is needed to test the component in question. Unit tests are optimized for speed and are not constrained by many things that affect a real server, so don't try to apply those optimizations to a production config.

The defaults used by a running server are catalogued here: https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/master/conf/caldavd-stdconfig.plist

-dre