[CalendarServer-users] SSLAuthorityChain does not work on 8.0

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Wed Sep 14 08:27:06 PDT 2016

Hi Andre,

your perfect explanation resolved the issue on my FreeBSD platform.

I did not expect the redundant requirement of the server cert in both the SSLCertificate and the SSLAuthorityChain.
Most servers, I’m working with, need only the intermediate cert(s) in the chain file.

The root CA cert from DST can be omitted in the chain file, if that cert is in the root CA store on the client system.
This is my current configuration in production and I will learn, if it still works after the next LE cert rollover (-;

Thanks again for your patience and your time,
Axel