[CalendarServer-users] unable to install calendarserver

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Thu Feb 16 18:33:00 PST 2017

Hi,

Try deleting the "localhost" cert from your keychain (using /Applications/Utilities/Keychain). I've seen this problem a few times but am still not sure exactly how it happens - possibly CalendarServer has lost access privs to a keychain item that was previously stashed there. Deleting will allow new items to be created.

Alternatively, you can delete the .develop directory then "export USE_OPENSSL=1" and re-run bin/develop to disable use of SecureTransport, which includes disabling the use of keychain to store the server's private key.

-dre