[CalendarServer-users] calendarserver-users Digest, Vol 127, Issue 2

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Wed Jul 5 04:12:54 PDT 2017

On 2017-06-20 21:00, calendarserver-users-request at lists.macosforge.org
wrote:
> Is it possible for me to change calendarServer to use mongoDB instead of
> XMLdirectoryService? Any disadvantages?

Yes. The backend directory is relatively plugable. So, apart from the
general potential consistency issues with mongoDB, it should be possible
to write a DirectoryService backed by any database.

> If so, could you please point me to relevant source to start?

You need to implement a DirectoryService and DirectoryRecord in txdav/who.

Be aware of caching, augmenting and the DPS service which can complicate
stuff.

txdav/who/util.py contains the code to put everything together and
create the final directory used.

/Peter