[darwinbuild] Re: Darwin 8.0.1 gcc for pentiumpro

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 09:54:52 PDT 2005

On 8/7/05, Shantonu Sen <ssen at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Woah, dude, that's not how you run gcc. gcc invokes language-specific
> backends, for example /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1.
>
> It sounds like you used a Kevin's gcc driver but not the language
> backend. Don't do that. You need to chroot into the build root to use
> it properly.
>
> Shantonu

I think I figured out what was going on.  Since I was using the
gcc-4061 but not gcc_os-1809 I was not using the patched version of
gcc 3.3, and only installing the patched version of gcc 4.0, which was
not being used in the builds. So....

I know understand that gcc-4061 is gcc 4.0 and gcc_os-1809 is gcc 3.3.
 That helps.

It will take a few hours for my current builds to finish, but I am
sure I will have the same results as you.

Michael