[darwinbuild] Building Darwin 8.0.1 without SSE2
mvfranz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:32:05 PDT 2005
After many emails and miss understandings I have been able to make it
to this point. I don't think it is nearly far enough to be useful,
but, the steps might be.
Here are the steps I have taken so far to try and build Darwin for
intel without SSE2 support. Most of this is from Kevin and Rob (as
Build Darwin 8.0.1 without SSE2
1. Install gcc-4061 and gcc_os-1809 (gcc 4.0 and gcc 3.3 respectively)
from http://opendarwin.org/~kevin/downloads/gcc_pentiumpro_8A428/ .
These roots need to be in
/usr/local/share/darwinbuild/cache/Roots/8A428/ so that they are used
instead of the official builds.
2. Patch and build gcc-4061 and gcc_os-1809 patches from
patch, extract them within the Sources directory and apply the patch
3. Rebuild all affected packages. These were suggested by Shantonu
- CF (built)
4. Patch any packages that do not build due to Apple dependencies.
Patches from http://www.opendarwin.org/~bbraun/darwin8/Sources/ . Rob
Braun has patch files for these, so I tried to build them.
- IOKitUser (patched) (built)
- PowerManagement (patched) (build error due to: xcode dependency)
- cups (patched) (build error due to:
- file_cmds (patched) (built)
- launchd (patched) (built)
- libxml2 (patched) (build error due to: ld: Can't open:
- samba (patched) (build error due to:
_CFLocaleCreateCanonicalLocaleIdentifierFromString referenced from
libcups expected to be defined in CoreFoundation)
5. Rebuild other projects. These are projects that Rob Braun has at
the above site, but do not have patches.
- bash (built)
- gdb (built)
- libiconv (built)
- libxslt (built)
- ncurses (built)
- tidy (ld: Can't open: /usr/local/lib/OrderFiles/libtidy.order)
- zlib (built)
6. Build the rest of the necessary projects. I do not know what the
extent of this would be.
7. Build a new CD using http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/src/build/buildcd.sh
I will go back over the build errors and see if I can work around them
(if other people have suggestion, I would appreciate it).
More information about the darwinbuild-dev