[darwinbuild] BIG CHANGES

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Fri Jul 8 17:46:28 PDT 2005

!!! The sources in CVS at src/build/darwinbuild will no longer be
maintained.  They have moved to proj/darwinbuild !!!

The new darwinxref is fully functional, and darwinbuild has been
updated to use it.  The proj/darwinbuild directory contains a fully-
functional darwinbuild, with the exception of the auxiliary scripts
(i.e. installheaders, packageRoots) and plists for any of the Darwin
7 builds.  Once I move these over, I'll produce a darwinbuild-0.6
release.

- Kevin

Some notable changes:

* darwinbuild and darwinxref are now installed into /usr/local
* darwinbuild can download plists from OpenDarwin.og
* darwinbuild -init <build> can be used to initialize the current
directory as a build environment
     $ mkdir /tmp/8A428
     $ cd /tmp/8A428
     $ darwinbuild -init 8A428
     $ sudo -s
     # darwinbuild xnu

* new builds can be bootstrapped using the -depsbuild argument,
specifying which build dependencies should be pulled from
     $ mkdir /tmp/8B15
     $ cd /tmp/8B15
     $ darwinbuild -init 8B15
     $ sudo -s