[darwinbuild] some darwintrace ideas
Kevin Van Vechten
kevin at opendarwin.org
Wed Jul 13 16:50:51 PDT 2005
A progress report...
5) translating volfs paths to normal paths, for better logging of
Carbon File Manager clients.
6) tracking system calls to a pid and process name, so you can filter
on what a particular process does/did.
9) the #! interpreter of shell scripts should be reported as another
To Be Completed:
1) Full logging of execve(2) arguments
2) shell-escaping the execve(2) arguments so you can copy-paste
compiler invocations and such.
3) build a shell script to replay a build, to the extent that this is
possible with shell commands. During a build, there is some
computation/processing that would not be captured here.
4) synthesize shell commands for some system calls, like mkdir(2)
7) refactoring compiler invocations, etc., to take common sets of
arguments and store them in a shell variable.
8) Some more semantic interpretation of files and paths based on
extension, magic, etc.
More information about the darwinbuild-dev