[darwinbuild] Building root/header packages

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Mon Jul 25 18:52:07 PDT 2005

Yes, the 0.6 release which I've just announced, performs chroot
builds by default.  In order to deal with bootstrapping new builds, a
new -depsbuild parameter has been added.  This parameter specifies
which build should be used to populate the BuildRoot.

So, to build the new launchd sources for 10.4.2 (8C46) before all
those roots become available, do the following:

# mkdir /tmp/BuildTest && cd /tmp/BuildTest
# darwinbuild -init 8C46
# darwinbuild -depsbuild=8A428 launchd

There are some additional details on the DarwinBuild website:

<http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/darwinbuild/doc/tools/index.html>.

- Kevin