[darwinbuild] No luck building

darwinbuild at spam.turbolink.net darwinbuild at spam.turbolink.net
Tue Jul 26 11:37:21 PDT 2005

Ok, so I find a bug in the automounter where it ignores the readahead
value set.  I figured I'd download the source and simply fix the problem
myself.  I downloaded the tar.gz file and tried to build it with no
success, it's missing header files it needs.

In searching for the headers I came across darwinbuild, which seems like
exactly what I need:  I specify the package, it resolves the dependencies
and builds it.  Perfect.

So I download 0.6 and follow all the instructions exactly.  I do
"darwinbuild -init 8B15" which works, then a "darwinbuild automount",
which fails to locate files.root.tar.gz.  Ok, so I make a new directory
and try "darwinbuild -init 8A428" which again works, and then "darwinbuild
automount".  This runs for a long time, downloading dependencies I
suppose, then tries to build the target.

This fails with the same header files missing (URLMount.h,
URLMountPrivate.h) it did originally.

Where exactly are these header files supposed to come from?  Am I
incorrect in assuming that darwinbuild will find and install headers that
are required for building?

Thanks for any info...

- Mike