[darwinbuild] proposed modification to InstallHeader() behavior

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Mon Sep 26 17:08:51 PDT 2005

I'd like to modify the InstallHeader() behavior so that installhdrs
done locally will get loaded into the BuildRoot if they're newer than
what's already in there.  Presently InstallHeaders does not let you
"downgrade" from a full root to a headers root.

The new logic should read as follows:

1) Install a self-built headers root if newer than headers or full
root in BuildRoot
else
2) Install a self-built full root if newer than headers or full root
in BuildRoot
else
3) Install a pre-built headers root if nothing installed in BuildRoot
else
4) Install a pre-built full root if no pre-built headers root was found

Since I didn't want to break anyone else's installation, I've
attached a patch for review.  It seems to be working fine on my system.

Thanks,

- Kevin