[darwinbuild] Using darwinbuild for development

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Wed Sep 28 04:03:23 PDT 2005

Am 28.09.2005 um 03:55 schrieb Kevin Van Vechten:

> I'd be willing to entertain a patch that allows for iterative
> building, i.e.  darwinbuild -incr xnu,

Thanks for the offer. I'll look into it next time; this time it looks
like I'm already finished.

> On Sep 27, 2005, at 3:24 PM, Shantonu Sen wrote:
>
>> If you have all the dependencies to build xnu outside a chroot,
>> there is no value to using darwinbuild. Why are you?

Darwinbuild's main task is to set up and maintain a correct build
environment. It's just logical to use it instead of trying to follow
all the dependencies manually.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/