[darwinbuild] booting xnu 8G32

Mark Pauley mpauley at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 10:59:55 PST 2006

Hm, typically when I can't even get to the verbose logging I find
that the issue is that the booter can't even find either the kernel
or the kextcache.  There shouldn't be any permissions issues at that
stage, but generally booter + kernel + gets you to verbose output and
then kext_cache is just about the first thing loaded once the kernel
takes over.  Perhaps the issue is that the kernel failed to load?

Has anyone else had problems getting a home-rolled kernel to load
like this?

_Mark