[darwinbuild] booting xnu 8G32

ritchie darwinbuild at repentsinner.org
Thu Feb 2 11:19:04 PST 2006

On 06-02-06, at 1459 , Mark Pauley wrote:
> Hm, typically when I can't even get to the verbose logging I find
> that the issue is that the booter can't even find either the kernel
> or the kextcache.  There shouldn't be any permissions issues at
> that stage, but generally booter + kernel + gets you to verbose
> output and then kext_cache is just about the first thing loaded
> once the kernel takes over.  Perhaps the issue is that the kernel
> failed to load?

I was thought about that, and was wondering if I needed to update
BootX to handle a universal binary, but that doesn't explain why the
ppc-only kernel doesn't boot, either. I will fiddle more with the
kextcache stuff after lunch. I built BootX, but am not exactly sure
what to do with the files it produces.

I was careful to put the kernel back into the wheel group after
copying it to /, since it seems to get changed to root,admin in the
copying process. any other gotchas I should look for?

best,
r.