[darwinbuild] darwinbuild on MacIntel

JP Szikora szikora at icp.ucl.ac.be
Wed Feb 15 12:31:23 PST 2006

Mark Pauley wrote:

> What OS are you running?  What version of DarwinBuild are you
> attempting?  Generally a 10.4 based darwin build must be run from a
> 10.4 (darwin 8.x.x) based machine, same goes for a 10.3 (7.x.x)
> darwin  build.  There are new system calls in darwin 8 that are not
> present on  older kernels, this could be your issue.  You might also
> want to try  to see exactly what call is failing,  reproduce that and
> send us a  little shell script that does just that.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried on a brand new Intel based iMac running Mac OSX10.4.4. I tried
darwinbuild 0.7.2 and the CVS version. I have done this already without
any errors on a PowerPC based Mac running 10.4.4. Maybe I can
reformulate my question: is there known problems with darwinbuild on a
MacIntel system?

Regards,

Jean-Pierre