[darwinbuild-dev] Re: darwinbuild source

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Mon Nov 5 09:53:41 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 4:26 AM, websrvr wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2007, at 20:58:38, Kevin Van Vechten wrote:
>
>> The sources are available as part of the Darwin 8 sources:
>>
>> http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4/SQLite-28.tar.gz
>
> Wrong project Kevin, I am discussing the darwinbuild project itself,
> the one that creates the darwinbuild binary.

Wrong attitude, Dale.  The sqlite3.o object file is the single module
contained in libsqlite3.a which was produced by the sources in
SQLite-28.tar.gz.

> The project has a single binary object file included in it
> (sqlite3.o), it does not contain the source for this object only the
> object itself, someone already went through the effort to create
> this object file so the modified source should be available.

The .o file was included so that darwinxref would easily compile on
Panther.  On Tiger and later darwinxref uses the pre-installed /usr/
lib/libsqlite3.dylib.