[darwinbuild-dev] Re: darwinbuild source

websrvr websrvr at macftphttp.serverbox.org
Wed Nov 7 17:51:41 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:53:41, Kevin Van Vechten wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2007, at 4:26 AM, websrvr wrote:
>
>> On Nov 4, 2007, at 20:58:38, Kevin Van Vechten wrote:
>>
>>> The sources are available as part of the Darwin 8 sources:
>>>
>>> http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4/SQLite-28.tar.gz
>>
>> Wrong project Kevin, I am discussing the darwinbuild project
>> itself, the one that creates the darwinbuild binary.
>
> Wrong attitude, Dale.  The sqlite3.o object file is the single
> module contained in libsqlite3.a which was produced by the sources
> in SQLite-28.tar.gz.
>
>> The project has a single binary object file included in it
>> (sqlite3.o), it does not contain the source for this object only
>> the object itself, someone already went through the effort to
>> create this object file so the modified source should be available.
>
> The .o file was included so that darwinxref would easily compile on
> Panther.  On Tiger and later darwinxref uses the pre-installed /usr/
> lib/libsqlite3.dylib.

I was building a single package that would run in Jaguar, Panther and
Tiger by using the object but it wouldn't run in Leopard so I was
going to do a rebuild and I was hoping to build binaries that would
have no external dependancies so it would work everywhere but for now
I'll work on getting it working in 10.5.

OK, I have Leopard usable binaries in 4 architectures (ppc7400,
ppc64, i386 and x86_64), I obtained the 9A581.plist file and tried to
build xnu as a dry run (always my first build) but it appears it
wants to download the root dependancies from the 8A428 repository,
will this be resolved soon or is there a setting I need to change or
a different plist file maybe?

One other issue poped up that I'm not sure how to resolve, "/sbin/
mount_volfs" doesn't exist so it can't copy the file so it fails at
this stage, is there a solution?

>> -- Dale

-- Dale