[darwinbuild-dev] Problems building OpenLDAP

Norbert Rittel norbert at rittel.de
Tue Apr 1 07:14:15 PDT 2008

I'm trying to fix a bug in OpenLDAP in 10.5.2 that I reported it to
the OpenLDAP guys and they came up with a fix within one day:
<http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi?findid=5402>

But now I'm struggling to get this simple diff into Mac OS X (Server)
as I'm even unable to compile the unaltered source.

I've set up darwinbuild as instructed and have successfully build xnu
and OpenSSL as two samples. But when I try

    # darwinbuild OpenLDAP

I end up with an error pretty early in the process. config.log
contains this line:

    ld: library not found for -lpac
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

among other errors. I searched the Web for finding any pointer to
libpac.dylib but there is none.

Perhaps someone much more into OS development can help me with this
issue.
I'm already followed up to my initial bug report on AppleSeed but
engineering hasn't come back to me, yet.

Getting this fix in should be high priority for Apple as well because
currently Set clauses in OpenLDAP fail on all Apple-supplied
attributes because they all contain a hyphen ("apple-example").

- Norbert

norbert at rittel.de · +49 171 4104321
Rittel Consulting · Emser Str. 150 · 56076 Koblenz · Germany