[darwinbuild-dev] Build Architecture

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 05:53:31 PST 2008

Kevin,

> The 8Xnnn builds describe PPC Mac OS X releases, and the 8Xnnnn builds
> describe i386 Mac OS X releases.  Both are built universal; the PPC
> Mac OS X releases strip the i386 architecture, but the i386 Mac OS X
> release still include the ppc architecture (for Rosetta).
>
> - Kevin

this is good to know, however, in the past I have found that not all builds
will build on all architectures.  For example: I can build gcc_os from build
8G1165 on intel, but gcc_os from Build8G32 will not build.  I get a chroot
error.  These two builds are both a direct decendent of build 8F46
I guess what I said previously was not really what I meant.  Maybe issue I
am having is whether or not a build is buildable on an architecture rather
than can be built for a specific architecture.

Michael