[darwinbuild-dev] DARWIN_BUILDROOT not used by darwinbuild

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 10 06:01:15 PST 2009

This snipper in darwinbuild

> export SRCROOT="${REAL_SRCROOT/$prefix/}"
> export OBJROOT="${REAL_OBJROOT/$prefix/}"
> export SYMROOT="${REAL_SYMROOT/$prefix/}"
> export DSTROOT="${REAL_DSTROOT/$prefix/}"

Seems wrong to me. When I add to darwinbuild:

> echo "**** DEBUG BuildRoot = ${BuildRoot}"
> echo "**** DEBUG REAL_SRCROOT = ${REAL_SRCROOT}"
> echo "**** DEBUG SRCROOT = ${SRCROOT}"
> echo "**** DEBUG REAL_DSTROOT = ${REAL_DSTROOT}"

> echo "**** DEBUG DSTROOT = ${DSTROOT}"

I get:

hermione-a:darwin root# darwinbuild ChatServer
*** Fetching Sources ...
Found ChatServer-263.1.tar.gz in /usr/local/src/darwin/Sources
**** DEBUG DARWIN_BUILDROOT = /usr/local/src/darwin
**** DEBUG BuildRoot = /usr/local/src/darwin/BuildRoot
**** DEBUG REAL_SRCROOT = /usr/local/src/darwin/BuildRoot/SourceCache/
ChatServer/ChatServer-263.1
**** DEBUG SRCROOT = /SourceCache/ChatServer/ChatServer-263.1
**** DEBUG REAL_DSTROOT = /usr/local/src/darwin/BuildRoot/private/var/
tmp/ChatServer/ChatServer-263.1.root
**** DEBUG DSTROOT = /private/var/tmp/ChatServer/ChatServer-263.1.root

The SRCROOT and DSTROOT variables seem incorrect to me. An in fact
"darwinbuild ChatServer" seems to fail because of it because though my
Darwin root is on a case sensitive file system, this is mounted as /
usr/local and it is not used by xcode (which tries to look in / where
it finds a case-preserving file system instead). Or am I missing
something?