[darwinbuild-dev] Can I use Case Sensitive HFS+?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sun Jan 11 01:10:08 PST 2009

Thanks, this was very helpful:

On 11 Jan 2009, at 09:32, Aladin wrote:

> NFS appears to work too.
>
> "[...] The problem with running Xcode inside of a chroot on HFS is an
> Xcode bug and has been reported to Apple . [...]" -
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/1
>
> "[...] Since DarwinBuild currently inherits a bug from Xcode that
> makes it impossible to use it on a HFS+ volume, we are going to use a
> workaround that involves setting up NFS locally. [...]" -
> http://www.puredarwin.org/developers/darwinbuild

I had not found these instructions before, somehow.

However, following the instructions here, I encountered an error:
libredo.o in darwinup is missing the ppc64 architecture in the current
svn checkout:

g++ -g -Wall -Werror -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -arch ppc -arch ppc64 -arch
i386 -arch x86_64  -lcrypto -lsqlite3 -o darwinup Archive.o Depot.o
Digest.o File.o SerialSet.o Utils.o main.o libredo.o
ld warning: in libredo.o, missing required architecture ppc64 in file
Undefined symbols for architecture ppc64:
   "_object_file_type", referenced from:
   ld warning: in libredo.o, missing required architecture x86_64 in
file
   "_object_file_type", referenced from:
           SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in
SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
   "_unprebind", referenced from:
       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
Digest.o
       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
collect2:   "_unprebind", ld returned 1 exit statusreferenced from:

       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
       SHA1DigestMachO::SHA1DigestMachO(char const*)in Digest.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
lipo: can't open input file: /var/folders/S+/S+q51ag+FsufQ1on-m3OUU++-
+2/-Tmp-//ccpqfT8R.out (No such file or directory)
make[1]: *** [darwinup] Error 1

I worked around this by setting CFLAGS+= statement in common.mk to
just CFLAGS+=-arch ppc -arch i386