[darwinbuild-dev] Problem building apache and pcre

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Oct 8 10:22:39 PDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Tony Morales wrote:

> I'm running OSX 10.6 (10A432) and trying to build 10A432 apache using darwinbuild svn revision 594 (latest as of this writing).
>
> The apache Makefile contains this line:
>
>                --with-pcre=/usr/local/bin/pcre-config \
>
> None of the roots put this file into the build environment (and it is not in OSX 10.6 either), and I can't seem to see a pcre root in the list of 10A432 projects.  Furthermore, OSX's native Apache httpd binary links against /usr/lib/libpcre libraries.  Is pcre supposed to be part of Darwin but isn't?

This is already known internally (at Apple), we will hopefully have a pcre root or release available soon.  A lot of projects will have problems without pcre since grep uses it (and autoconf uses grep). Some of this can be fixed by building your own grep (or your own pcre), but we'll have this "officially" fixed eventually.

-Bill