[darwinbuild-dev] Snow Leopard Support Status

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Sep 22 10:51:39 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 7:14 PM, William Siegrist wrote:

> We have plists and roots for 10A432 and 10B504. We are only missing
> 2 roots, IOFWDVComponents and Libmx, and hope to have those builds
> fixed soon.
>
> I added libdispatch to the plists, but you will have trouble
> building the project due to missing Block_private.h. Until we
> package up something "official", you can find Block*.h at llvm.org:
>
> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk/BlocksRuntime/Block_private.h
>
> As for building the projects yourself, a quick first pass showed 301
> failures. I'll be investigating those over the next week or two and
> hope to have most of them cleaned up soon. At this point, if you try
> to build something and it fails, I already know about it, so please
> hold off on flooding the ticket system for now.

After fixing a few bugs in the -logdeps post processing, we now have a
more complete dependency list. This list is what we get using
darwintrace, but there are probably some dependencies it cannot detect
so I'm now starting the process of fixing any failing projects.

One major problem so far with the 301 failures mentioned previously is
CoreFoundation.h includes some missing headers (CFURLEnumerator.h and
CFFileDescriptor.h). So right now any project using CoreFoundation
fails to build. I'm working with the CF team to get a fix.

I am also still working on verifying that our Xcode Platform
functionality is doing what we want (allow access to /Developer for
Xcode dependencies but otherwise keep the build process under the
BuildRoot). Initial tracing looks good, but I'll probably add a
sandbox profile so we can explicitly state our limits.

Thanks
-Bill