[darwinbuild-dev] Cannot build SecurityTokend for 10.5 or 10.6

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Fri Sep 10 09:31:48 PDT 2010

On Sep 9, 2010, at 7:10 AM, Harning, Thomas wrote:

> I cannot build SecurityTokend for 10.5 OR 10.6...
>
> I have posted tickets about the various problems encountered while trying to
> build:
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/122
> 	gcc-3.3 not in /usr/bin of buildroot...
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/121
> 	SecurityTokend depends on securityd_client/ss_types.defs but does
> not pull in needed sources
>
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/120
> 	Missing dep for gnumake...
>
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/119
> 	After managing to finagle the other bugs out... an error about no
> child processes that does not seem to make any sense to me..
>
> Anybody able to build these w/ the latest stuff?  I don't have a
> particularly "dirty" machine...
>
> The machine that is doing building is 10.6 running in 32-bit mode... if that
> means anything.. 10.5 stuff should certainly build at least, since there
> should be nothing requiring 64-bit there, right?

There is no guarantee that Apple's open source releases will build. Darwinbuild tries to make things easier by providing a soft chroot and the plists which let you define patches and environment variables. But darwinbuild is not magic, sometimes you have to load other roots manually to satisfy dependencies, and sometimes you have to come up with patches for the source.

FWIW, I tried to build SmartCardServices and SecurityTokend on 10F569, but my xcodebuild is crashing, so I don't even get as far as you do.

If you come up with patches, either for Darwinbuild itself or to make Apple projects build, then please do attach them to your ticket(s) so we can integrate them.

Thanks
-Bill