[launchd-dev] Run job when network configuration changes

Nathan Duran launchd at khiltd.com
Tue Dec 4 20:46:08 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:01 PM, Jeremy Reichman wrote:

> it would potentially be useful to have
> launchd jobs be able to fire for almost any arbitrary
> SystemConfiguration
> change

Well since you *can* register for almost any arbitrary SC change, it
wouldn't take much to whip something up that would invoke launchctl on
your behalf without any direct support from Apple, though that would
mean running yet another process (or two if it needed admin
privileges). I can't remember if I tried doing this or not at this
point, but it seems like it should work.