[launchd-dev] Listening socket and fast user switching

Dave Dribin dave-ml at dribin.org
Thu May 22 12:28:59 PDT 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Dave Zarzycki wrote:
> Dave,
>
> In theory, the Back-to-my-Mac feature of Mac OS X Leopard should
> make this possible. One would just need to go to the "Bonjour"
> submenu of the "Bookmarks" menu in Safari.app.

Yeah, I can see it in Safari if I set the Bonjour service to "http".
However, if you click on that link, it sets the url to something like:

   http://assam.local.:59972/

If I unload and reload the agent, this port number is no longer valid,
and I get a different URL:

   http://assam.local.:59978/

As far as I can tell, this means HTTP URLs cannot be consistent across
launchd invocations, which won't work for me, in this case.  Unless
there's some way to do Bonjour port lookups?

FWIW, I'm using the SampleD example and I've modified its plist to
have this:

         <key>Sockets</key>
         <dict>
                 <key>MyListenerSocket</key>