[launchd-dev] launchd & mDNSResponder: "Policy denied Mach service lookup"

Björn Giesler bjoern at giesler.de
Mon Aug 10 11:43:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

can nobody answer my question? I'd like to know where I can set
policies that allow launchd subprocesses (mDNSResponder in my case) to
look up Mach services.

My error is

com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[2551]): Policy denied
Mach service lookup: com.apple.system.notification_center
com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[2551]): Policy denied
Mach service lookup: com.apple.system.DirectoryService.libinfo_v1
com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder[2551]): Policy denied
Mach service lookup: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.configd

etc.etc.

The launchd documentation knows nothing about policies.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Björn