[launchd-dev] launchd and syslog.conf

Jonathan del Strother maillist at steelskies.com
Wed Aug 19 03:55:16 PDT 2009

Heya,
I had a bit of a nightmare this morning trying to get logging
information out of launchd.  Apple's advice is to add 'launchd.*
/var/log/launchd.log' to the /etc/syslog.conf file.  As far as I can
tell, this doesn't have any effect, and 'launchd' isn't listed as one
of the facilities (auth, authpriv, cron...) mentioned in the
syslog.conf manpage.

I finally got some output by adding '*.debug /var/log/debug.log' to
syslog.conf, but it would be great if I could narrow that down some
more.  Any hints?

Jonathan del Strother