[launchd-dev] launchd and syslog.conf

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Wed Aug 19 10:39:19 PDT 2009

There are two pieces to the puzzle.  The first step, as you've already
found, is to appropriately adjust the syslog filters (remember to
`killall -HUP syslogd` to reload the config files).  The second step
is to instruct launchd to emit more log messages:

$ sudo launchctl log level debug
assuming you want to adjust the log level of the system wide launchd, or
$ launchctl log level debug
to get information out of the per-user launchd.

If you want the information from early boot, you can put the `log
level debug` command into /etc/launchctl.conf.

Kevin

Kevin