[launchd-dev] Is there anything that can prevent launchd from working

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Jun 1 12:50:29 PDT 2009

On Jun 1, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Damien Sorresso wrote:

>> I will solve the panics, in the meantime, I would love to know how
>> to protect myself from living in the past for too long.  Thank you
>> all.
>
> Are you sure you even need to do this? Mac OS X should adjust clock
> drift automatically.

I find this to not be the case at all.  Perhaps on a desktop machine
or laptop that has a reasonable expectation to be rebooted.  On a
server, where it is up as long as possible, and more than likely not
logged in at all, it will drift quite a bit depending on which apps
you are running.

There are some things you can do, that will just halt the clock, I am
not sure if that is to blame Apple or the software maker, either way,
I get clock drift of about 5 minutes per 10 days, so I need this for
sure.

Thank you.