[launchd-dev] launchd daemon launch delayed when (Snow) Leopard Server Firewall is on (port is open)

Dean Shavit acn-lists-dean at macworkshops.com
Wed Sep 16 13:57:03 PDT 2009

Brent,

One thing I noticed is that your "SockServiceName" references a port
number instead of a service name.  ALF (Application Layer Firewall) in
Mac OS X looks for the service being enumerated in /etc/services and
expects it to be referenced by name in that file - so it assumes it's
a known and trusted service and not some spyware trying to make
outbound connections. You may have some more work to do before the
firewall respects your service. I'm not certain this is a launchd
issue at all.