[launchd-dev] launch_msg("CheckIn") IPC failure: Operation not permitted

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Fri Aug 27 02:17:12 PDT 2010

On 27 Aug 2010, at 06:25, Thomas Bartelmess wrote:

> I am trying to check in a daemon, with liblaunch. But I am always getting a IPC failure.
> For now I just tried the samplecode in sampled.c

Have you actually tried running SampleD to see whether the code works in that context?  I fully expect it will work and, if that's the case, you should look to your launchd property list file to see what's different.

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware