[launchd-dev] Problems with SMJobBless

Per Ejeklint ejeklint at me.com
Tue Dec 7 09:37:40 PST 2010

I can't figure out what's going wrong. When I try to upgrade an installed tool SMJobBless fails at first run. System log says:

Dec  6 18:17:37 iMac-Quattro /usr/libexec/launchdadd[2968]: FAILURE: Failed to check validity of client's code, error reported was The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -67063.).

And from SMJobBless() I get this message:

kSMErrorDomainFramework error 4098

Then I just try once again and it works fine. The only difference being that the installed tool (a launch daemon) is not running at second attempt. During first attempt it is running but SMJobRemove successfully terminates it.

Everything worked fine last week but not after migrating to a new machine.

Any ideas?

/Per