[launchd-dev] LaunchAgent, fullscreen openGL and NSWindows

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Fri Jan 7 02:12:56 PST 2011

On 6 Jan 2011, at 14:32, Toby Harris wrote:

> I have a kiosk-style application that has run on OSX10.5 via a LaunchAgent with KeepAlive property set. Now in 10.6, I am seeing a very odd thing that I have isolated to launch via launchd plist. The app loads successfully, capturing the screen and rendering to a fullscreen openGL context. However, it also can create NSWindows and show these fullscreen instead. This functionality is just not working. I suspect this is a connection to the window server issue, but I have failed to find any similar issues reported on the net, or find the answer in TN2083 (not to say it isn't in there).

That's weird.  I haven't seen any reports of this and I can't think of any reason this would fail.

I'd recommend you open up a DTS tech support incident so that someone (perhaps me) can investigate this in depth.

<http://developer.apple.com/support/resources/technical-support.html>

S+E
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware