[launchd-dev] launchd.plist & SMJobBless

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Nov 3 04:54:45 PDT 2011

Hi list,

I have problems in removing calls to AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges.

So far I played with both SMJobBless and ssd (simple socket
daemon) sample codes
and I am happy with them separately.
I also played successfully with unix sockets but now
time has come to put everything altogether.

For ssd, we have to install in /Library/LaunchDaemons a custom
plist containing definitions of a Socket that will be used to launch the
daemon on demand.
For SMJobBless, we seem to have no hand on the plist, except for
the Label key.
Every other key seems to be ignored by SMJobBless.

The question is:
what is the recipe to tell launchd to launch a daemon installed
through SMJobBless ?

Thanks in advance
&
regards