[launchd-dev] LaunchAgent suddenly appears in Dock bouncing when CGImageSourceCopyPropertiesAtIndex is called

Kevin Meaney ktam at yvs.eu.com
Mon Aug 12 10:58:11 PDT 2013

On 12 Aug 2013, at 18:46, Jerry Krinock <jerry at ieee.org> wrote:
>> Some more info. How do I stop the LaunchAgent appearing in the dock?
> That's a better question than your first question.  Why does your LaunchAgent appear in the Dock to begin with?  An even better question might be:  Are you sure this is your LaunchAgent which is "appearing" in the Dock?  Does your LaunchAgent have an icon?  That would be weird.

It is the default application icon that appears in the dock. When I hover the mouse over it, the name is that of my LaunchAgent.

> It looks like your LaunchAgent is packaged inside an app…
>
>> <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>> </dict>
>
> Is it, more precisely, the enclosing *app* whose icon is appearing and bouncing in the dock?

The LaunchAgent is its own application bundle. From reading of the documentation this seemed to be a recommended approach. Though my LaunchAgent uses xpc for communicating it is not an xpc service for a specific application so it shouldn't be a bundle with an extension of xpc and be required to live inside the application bundle.

Kevin