[launchd-dev] Cause of "Service cannot load in requested session"?

James Bucanek subscriber at gloaming.com
Fri Nov 13 18:32:17 PST 2015

> Damien Sorresso <mailto:dsorresso at apple.com>
> November 13, 2015 at 5:19 PM
> As I said before, launchd does not support background agents coming
> from the user's home directory.

I don't think you actually ever said that, explicitly. ;)

If that's true, then I'm really stuck. I moved from admin-installed
agents in /Library/LaunchAgents to per-user agents in
~/Library/LaunchAgents because the new launchctl seems incapable of
addressing them. (See the thread "Yosemite not starting a system launch
agent" circa July 2015).

So now you're telling me that per-user Background agents aren't
supported either? :headdesk:

James