[libdispatch-dev] Building on Linux

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Tue Dec 15 18:25:26 PST 2009

Hi, all.  I checked out libkqueue (r119) and libdispatch (r174) and just
naively attempted to build.  libkqueue builds and passes it's test suite
under gcc on Fedora 11 (x86 architecture, of course), libdispatch builds
the library and part of the test suite but fails when it can't find
arc4random().  (I gather this is expected.)  Of the tests that build,
several pass.  Is this about what should happen at this stage in the
porting effort?

I gather that in the absence of the blocks compiler extension that
functionally is just ripped out of the suite with the #ifdef __BLOCKS__
directives I see in the source?  I'm just trying to understand the
status of the port at this time and find out whether it's too soon to
use it to write a toy program to explore the programming model.

Dustin