[libdispatch-dev] State of the Linux port (without blocks support)

Mario Schwalbe schwalbe at inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 19 05:44:25 PST 2009

Hi,

Robert Watson schrieb:
> Has anyone else noticed that getting libdispatch to run on a new OS is
> the easy bit, and that figuring out the auto*/libtool/pkg-config/etc
> stuff is the hard bit? :-)

I did recognize the irony and I don't want to underestimate your work either,
but getting libdispatch to compile is just the first step. The real problems
are going to arise thereafter, as we're now able to run the test suite.
I also would like to thank all developers who are replying that quickly
on the list, and Mark Heily for developing libkqueue.

All libraries and programs have been compiled with GCC 4.4.1.
Please note that I ran the tests manually, because
    make -C <build-of-libdispatch>/testing check
might report pass, e.g.:
        Actual: 193
        Expected: 192
[FAIL] blocks completed (/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:82)
        /home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:82
        Actual: 29
        Expected: <36
[PASS] high priority precedence
PASS: dispatch_priority

Here are the results:

dispatch_api:     pass
dispatch_c99:     pass
dispatch_cascade: pass
dispatch_debug:   pass

dispatch_priority: fail
[TEST] Dispatch Priority
[PID] 3369
LOW: 128
DEFAULT: 23
***************
HIGH: 42
***************************
	Actual: 193
	Expected: 192
[FAIL] blocks completed (/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:82)
	/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:82
	Actual: 128
	Expected: <42
[FAIL] high priority precedence (/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:83)
	/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:83

dispatch_priority2: fail
[TEST] Dispatch Priority (Set Target Queue)
[PID] 3944
	Actual: 0x240e010
	Expected: 0x240e010
[PASS] q[i]
	Actual: 0x240e350
	Expected: 0x240e350
[PASS] q[i]
	Actual: 0x240e400
	Expected: 0x240e400
[PASS] q[i]
LOW: 63
DEFAULT: 67
HIGH: 62
***************************************
	Actual: 192
	Expected: 192
[PASS] blocks completed
	Actual: 63
	Expected: <62
[FAIL] high priority precedence (/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:83)
	/home/mario/diplom/src/libdispatch/testing/dispatch_priority.c:83

dispatch_starfish: fail
laps 10-1 pass, but the task doesn't return and spins forever (one thread).

queue_finalizer:  pass

ciao,
Mario