[libdispatch-dev] State of the Linux port (without blocks support)

Robert Watson robert at fledge.watson.org
Thu Nov 19 07:49:28 PST 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Mario Schwalbe wrote:

> dispatch_priority: fail
> [TEST] Dispatch Priority
> [PID] 3369
> LOW: 128
> DEFAULT: 23
> ***************
> HIGH: 42
> ***************************
> 	Actual: 193
> 	Expected: 192

This is a bug/feature in libdispatch; the version of the code without pthread
work queues does not propagate libdispatch to the pthreads doing the work.

> dispatch_starfish: fail
> laps 10-1 pass, but the task doesn't return and spins forever (one thread).

I see frequent failed latency deadlines on FreeBSD with this, but have mostly
been testing on a VM that may be part of the problem for me.  All the
functional tests complete, and the total realtime clock is 17(ish) seconds on
the VM.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge