[libdispatch-dev] Solaris portability - PATCH - getprogname shim support

Mark Heily mark at heily.com
Mon Jul 26 19:00:59 PDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 10:44 PM, Joakim Johansson wrote:

> The bulk of the work after that will be to get libkqueue robust on solaris.

I've started working on this, and the trunk of libkqueue now compiles on
Solaris. Most of the functionality is broken, but it's a start. The "event
ports" subsystem of Solaris is very similar to kqueue, and I expect the rest
of the porting effort to go pretty smoothly. There's a couple of obstacles:

  1. Solaris ships with GCC 3.4 which doesn't have atomic builtins
  2. OpenSolaris has an equivalent to EVFILT_VNODE but Solaris doesn't.

I'm hoping to release libkqueue 0.9 with Solaris support in the next few weeks.

Regards,

   - Mark