[libdispatch-dev] Compiling libdispatch on mac os x 10.6

Mirko Viviani mirko at objectlab.org
Fri Jul 23 10:15:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get a working version of libdispatch on macosx 10.6 to use its semaphores implementation
on osx < 10.6.

Compiled with xcode/gcc 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)/10.6 SDK and apple semaphore optimizations.

Unfortunately when I run the dispatch_sema.c test it fails:

Starting program: /Users/Accounts/mirko/src/libdispatch/testing/a.out
Reading symbols for shared libraries +. done

[TEST] Dispatch Semaphore
[PID] 22816

Program received signal EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION, Illegal instruction/operand.
[Switching to process 22816]
0x000045b8 in _dispatch_worker_thread (context=0x9550) at /Users/Accounts/mirko/src/libdispatch/src/queue.c:413
413			while (!(next = head->do_next)) {

If I link the test with the system dispatch implementation it runs without problems.
Is there a way to compile correctly the library?

Thank you.

--
Ciao,
Mirko