[libdispatch-dev] Lion libdispatch sources posted & next steps for macosforge repo

Daniel A. Steffen dsteffen at apple.com
Tue Aug 16 14:32:11 PDT 2011

The Lion libdispatch sources are now available:
	http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-107/
	http://www.opensource.apple.com/tarballs/libdispatch/libdispatch-187.5.tar.gz

The configure/make buildsystem has been updated to produce a working libdispatch.dylib on Lion that can be used/installed in place of the stock version, see INSTALL for details.

Next steps are to decide how to integrate the new sources into the macosforge repository; as you will discover, there has been significant refactoring/reorganization, making this not completely trivial.

As a first step I was planning to import the Lion source drop on a branch, and then start reorganizing trunk similarly to make trunk changes that are missing from the branch more apparent.

Before I get started on that we should make sure that all pending non-controversial patches are integrated onto trunk, does anybody have a list of what is still outstanding? (I guess this is where more consequent use of the trac ticket system on http://libdispatch.macosforge.org/trac/report would be paying off..)

Daniel