[libdispatch-dev] Lion branch porting status

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Aug 29 22:59:39 PDT 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 7:07 PM, Daniel A. Steffen wrote:

> nice! not sure we want to import all those libraries into the macosforge repo though, can we provide instructions/scripts to download them automatically from a canonical location ? (similarly to the macosx build dependencies on Libc/xnu sources)

Would some clever svn:external mechanism that allows you to refer to repositories from other repositories help in this case?  Then we'd just need to create the reference under the compat/ directory and folks who checkout the whole tree would get all the bits.  Is there a problem with that approach I'm missing?

- Jordan