[libdispatch-dev] Excluding libdispatch from being linked into executable

Kevin Van Vechten kvv at apple.com
Thu Jan 13 10:53:17 PST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Mac OS X, libdispatch is part of libSystem.B.dylib along with many other default system components. The thread you're referring to does not get created unless lib dispatch is actually used. In your case, it's probably being used indirectly by a higher level framework used by your application such as CoreFoundation, Foundation or AppKit.

Kevin