dependency bug?

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Tue Jun 5 02:08:11 PDT 2007

On 2007-06-04 21:49:31 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2007, at 21:14, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> prunille:~> port info scrollkeeper
>> Warning: Found 2 port scrollkeeper definitions, displaying first one.
>
> I don't have that message when I "port info scrollkeeper". Maybe you
> have a local copy of a scrollkeeper port somewhere.

Yes, this is normal: I have several sources, and in particular the rsync
one with a lower precedence (ignored except for MacPorts upgrades):

file:///Users/vinc17/wd/macosx/dports [nosync]
file:///Users/vinc17/software/dports [nosync]
rsync://rsync.macports.org/dpupdate/dports

[...]
>> I don't see docbook-xml-412 in the dependencies.
>
> Maybe not now, but it used to be, before this change on 2007-05-31:
>
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/25756

OK, you mean that this dependency is still recorded somewhere?

> Just force the uninstall with -f.

This fixes the problem.

prunille:~> port installed | grep scrollkeeper
  scrollkeeper @0.3.14_4 (active)

Now, this is strange as scrollkeeper depends on docbook-xml-scrollkeeper,
but this can be explained because docbook-xml-scrollkeeper contains
nothing. however, shouldn't scrollkeeper depend on docbook-xml-4.2
directly?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>