dependency bug?

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 02:31:33 PDT 2007

On 5 Jun 2007, at 05:08, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On 2007-06-04 21:49:31 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jun 4, 2007, at 21:14, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>>> prunille:~> port info scrollkeeper
>>> Warning: Found 2 port scrollkeeper definitions, displaying first
>>> one.
>>
>> I don't have that message when I "port info scrollkeeper". Maybe you
>> have a local copy of a scrollkeeper port somewhere.
>
> Yes, this is normal: I have several sources, and in particular the
> rsync
> one with a lower precedence (ignored except for MacPorts upgrades):
>
> file:///Users/vinc17/wd/macosx/dports [nosync]
> file:///Users/vinc17/software/dports [nosync]
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/dpupdate/dports
>
> [...]
>>> I don't see docbook-xml-412 in the dependencies.
>>
>> Maybe not now, but it used to be, before this change on 2007-05-31:
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/25756
>
> OK, you mean that this dependency is still recorded somewhere?
>
>> Just force the uninstall with -f.
>
> This fixes the problem.
>
> prunille:~> port installed | grep scrollkeeper
>   scrollkeeper @0.3.14_4 (active)
>
> Now, this is strange as scrollkeeper depends on docbook-xml-
> scrollkeeper,
> but this can be explained because docbook-xml-scrollkeeper contains
> nothing. however, shouldn't scrollkeeper depend on docbook-xml-4.2
> directly?

Yes, it should, but not yet. docbook-xml-scrollkeeper and docbook-
xml-4.2 conflicted last week. docbook-xml-scrollkeeper is now an
empty port that depends on docbook-xml-4.2. We need to wait before
redoing scrollkeeper's depenedencies to ensure all users have ample
time to have *4.2 installed. Simply changing scrollkeeper's
dependencies would cause attempts to install docbook-xml-4.2 over
docbook-xml-scrollkeeper instead of upgrading it out of the way.