1.6.0 sometime late next week

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Thu Nov 22 17:37:31 PST 2007

On 22 Nov 2007, at 14:44, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2007, at 3:33 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>

>> On Nov 22, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Juan Manuel Palacios wrote:
>>

>>> 	Some changes have been made to the release_1_6 branch since rc2
>>> was tagged, but none that affects any structural behavior of our
>>> sources and as such risks the introduction of new bugs. Therefore
>>> I think we should be good to go with branches/release_1_6 ToT
>>> (plus any small modifications that might be made to trunk, like
>>> my work on PortIndex2MySQL) for release of 1.6.0 sometime late
>>> next week, as I manage to coordinate with Bill to replace the old
>>> website and roll live the new one.
>>>
>>> 	Nothing has been reported against 1.6.0-rc2, as far as I've been
>>> able to see (please do correct me if I'm wrong), so I think this
>>> is a good schedule; I'd do it sooner, but I'm a bit short of time
>>> at the moment. Speak up if you have any concerns.
>>>
>>> 	Regards,...
>>>

>>> -jmpp
>>

>> 	Forgot to say: I'll of course be addressing in the coming days
>> the outstanding issues that were raised in the rc2 thread a couple
>> of days ago.
>

> 	Another thing I forgot to say: I don't currently have a Panther
> machine I can use, so I don't see it as likely that I'll be
> building a dmg for OS (and, for that matter, I don't have a Tiger
> one at the moment either, but I'm more than sure that'll be much
> simpler to come by).
>
> 	So if anyone has a Panther box, has an interest for a dmg for that
> platform and feels like lending a hand, please do coordinate with
> me to put together that dmg. Chris, you still have your Panther box?
>
> 	If we don't come by one I'll simply remove mention of it from the
> new website and will tell stragglers that we simply don't have the
> resources to produce it.

Is there any reason not to simply state that Panther users need to
download the 1.5.2 disk image and install from that and ensure that
selfupdate is run (if it isn't already run during the install from
the disk image)?

Also is there any reason not to use our sourceforge site as the
download source?

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."